swikig AT lists.kit.edu
Titel: Semantic Wiki Interest Group
- From: Markus Krötzsch <mak AT aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
- To: semediawiki-user AT lists.sourceforge.net, swikig AT aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de, mediawiki-l AT lists.wikimedia.org
- Cc: semediawiki-devel AT lists.sourceforge.net
- Subject: [swikig] Semantic MediaWiki wins award
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 15:04:32 +0200
- Envelope-to: swikig AT aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de
- List-archive: <http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/pipermail/swikig>
- List-id: Semantic Wiki Interest Group <swikig.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
- Organization: Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe
we are happy to announce that the Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) extension has won
the third prize of this year's "doit-software-awards"
(<http://www.doit-award.de> German homepage). This annual award is granted by
the German state of Baden-Württemberg and MFG foundation as a support for
innovative software solutions that carry scientific developments into
practice. It is also coupled with some prize money that our research group at
Institute AIFB in Karlsruhe receives.
As usual, competition for this well-established award was tough and we are
very happy that SMW was successful. Thanks are due to many people who
continuously contribute code, translations, and advice to the project. The
active user base quite certainly also played a role in the assessment of the
jury. And of course we completely rely on the great work of the MW core
development team. Thank you!
Of course this fuels our motivation for further developments, and we are
currently very busy with designing and implementing "SMW 1.0" as well as with
making plans for the long-term future of the project.
P.S. Using SMW from SVN remains somewhat risky. Stay tuned until August for a
new stable version.
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe
mak AT aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de
phone +49 (0)721 608 7362
www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/ fax +49 (0)721 693 717
Description: PGP signature
- [swikig] Semantic MediaWiki wins award, Markus Krötzsch, 06.07.2007
Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.16.